Monday 25 February 2013

The End Of Chapter One

The end of this chapter has come abruptly but has been a good surprise. I am allowed to go home today for roughly two weeks. My immune system is very low so I still have to be careful but at least I can recuperate in a much nicer environment. But there is one final hurdle I have to jump before being allowed to escape today - a bone marrow biopsy. I have had one before and it was agony so I am mentally preparing myself for the inevitable. The results from this bone marrow biopsy will show how well the chemotherapy has worked against the cancer. Those results will help the doctors know if they need to adjust the treatment before the start of my next round of chemotherapy which will begin in roughly two weeks time.

It is exactly five weeks today since I started my treatment. What a whirlwind! It has been incredibly painful, physically and emotionally, at times; but God's grace and loving faithfulness has been present the whole way through. I know many of you have been praying for me and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the love, support and encouragement you have given me. It has greatly helped to carry me through this first stage of the journey. You have been the Body of Christ to me and I pray that God will grant you every blessing and continue to strengthen your faith.

So this is me signing out for a week but tune in next time for the start of Chapter Two.

2 comments:

  1. Great news Stari!! - pray it is onwards and upwards from here x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi nangi,

    Extremely happy! Have a nice time!

    Akki,

    Chandana Gunarathne

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments and questions here. Some people have had problems with this box so it might be worth saving your comment on a Word document first before you publish it in case it deletes it. Alternative ways to contact me are through Facebook and email on starigunarathne@gmail.com